Creating an LMS website like Udemy becomes easy when you have the right tools with you. Once you are on WordPress, you have plenty of WordPress LMS themes and plugins to get started. This vast number of LMS WordPress themes and plugins makes it hard to pick the right one. You may get confused or end up choosing the wrong one if you don’t have proper guidelines. Today, we will talk about some of the best WordPress LMS plugins to help you start with the right one.
You can literally turn any WordPress theme into an eLearning website if you install a functional and feature-rich WordPress LMS plugin. Even most of the WordPress LMS themes out there are built based on some kind of the LMS plugins for functionalities and features.
After going through a lot of research, we’ve come up with a list of best WordPress LMS plugins. Read the full article to know which one you need.
What is LMS?
If you are here for an LMS plugin, then you already know what LMS is. LMS stands for the learning management system. A learning management system (LMS) is an application (be it a website or app) that offers eLearning programs by administering, managing, tracking, reporting, and providing educational courses of any type. A WordPress LMS plugin let you create and run online courses like Udemy on WordPress.
What Makes a WordPress LMS Plugin Great?
Before going to the WordPress LMS plugin list, you better have ideas on what makes an LMS plugin great. Make sure that your preferred LMS plugin has the following features and functionalities.
- Robust Course Builder: An eLearning site is all about its courses. You need to have a robust course builder that includes all required aspects of the courses. Make sure it enlists courses with course preview, description, attachment, intro video, and more.
- Course and Lesson Management System: You will not only create but also sell the courses on the site. For that particular reason, your LMS plugin should provide a system to manage lessons and courses. Editing courses and adding course & lesson materials further should be easy.
- Grading System: Testing learners with quizzes and questions makes learning more interesting. Students love to see the score after taking a test.
- Certification: Award certificates to the learners who have successfully completed courses. Students want to show their course completion as an achievement. This is a must-have feature of an LMS plugin.
- Quizzes: Test your students with quizzes after they complete lessons or at any stage of the course. If your WordPress LMS plugin serves quizzes from inside that’s great. Some WordPress LMS plugins come with quiz creator.
- Course Selling System: If your ultimate goal is to sell courses and earn money, make sure your LMS plugin has the system to sell courses in different ways.
- Detailed Reporting: Every eLearning site owner needs to check how the courses on the site are performing. Having a detailed report of the courses is a must.
- Payment Options: When it comes to payment, people have so many choices to go with. Ensure your eLearning site accepts multiple payment methods and does not exclude the common ones.
Best WordPress LMS plugins in 2020
Considering the features and functionalities discussed above, we’ve finally brought out the list of best WordPress LMS plugins in 2020. Check the list below.
Tutor LMS is a standalone WordPress LMS plugin to create and sell courses online. Quizzes, interactive lessons, reports, and stats make Tutor LMS one of the best free WordPress LMS plugins ever created. It lets you manage, administer, and monetize online schools and courses without writing a single line of code. Tutor LMS is a Gutenberg compatible LMS plugin with some dedicated blocks to display different content.
Tutor LMS is an all-in-one LMS solution that covers everyone. From individual instructors to educational institutions, everyone can create their eLearning platform using Tutor LMS. It is a simple yet smart and scalable WordPress LMS plugin.
Great plugin with smartly embedded tools and features. Best thing is you don’t even need to be a pro to use it, and everything about course creation with it stays in one page.Cherimoya (@cherimoya)
If you want to create courses with lessons, add quizzes with questions, manage lessons, and check analytics with a single WordPress LMS plugin, Tutor LMS is the right option for you.
Tutor LMS Features and Functionalities
- Gutenberg compatible WordPress LMS plugin
- Extensive course builder
- Unlimited courses
- Advanced quiz creator
- Frontend course builder
- Multimedia lessons
- Easy eLearning management
- Reports & analytics
- Course selling System
- Earning & commission allocation
- Multiple instructors ready
- Course attachments
- Student forum
Pricing: Tutor LMS has both free and premium versions. Premium plans start at $149 for a single license.
LearnDash is an easy to use WordPress LMS plugin for creating eLearning websites. It is one of the most popular LMS plugins on WordPress. LearnDash helps you create courses, manage and sell them online.
LearnDash comes with advanced course builder, focus mode, quizz, forums, and many more features. Courses created with LearnDash are dynamic, engaging, as well as offer the latest e-learning industry trends. It helps you monetize courses. Set up prices, choose the payment schedule, and start taking orders on your eLearning platform.
Have full control over learners and courses with LearnDash. Group users, alter progression, clear data, re-print achievements, revoke access and do many more.
LearnDash Features and Functionalities
- LearnDash focus mode
- Advanced course builder
- Quiz ready
- Drip feed content
- Course points
- Certificates and badges
- Assignment management
- Course prerequisites
Pricing: LearnDash has no free version. The Premium plans start at $199 for a single site.
LifterLMS is a powerful WordPress LMS plugin to create, sell, and protect online courses. It is compatible with well-coded WordPress themes and popular WordPress page builders.
Having your eLearning site built with LifterLMS, you can increase course engagement and sales. It focuses on engagement and helps you create courses that learners enjoy and complete. LifterLMS offers an opportunity to convert your expertise & life experiences into income by creating courses.
Lifter LMS Features and Functionalities
- Course builder
- Platform management
- Course monetization
- Affiliate ready
- Multiple payment options
- Subscriptions & membership
- Multimedia lessons
- Achievement badges & certificates
- Detailed reporting
- And many more
Pricing: LifterLMS has a free version and its premium bundle starts at $299.
LearnPress is a WordPress LMS plugin for creating courses. It is one of the most comprehensive WordPress course plugins that can be used to easily create and sell courses online. LearnPress lets you add lessons & quizzes and manage them with an easy-to-use user interface. With this eLearning plugin, you can easily create education, online school, and online-course sites without having any coding knowledge.
If you’re making a simple online course to sell (PayPal checkout is included for free), LearnPress is fantastic for all the basics – simple lessons and quizzes.Abridgeeducamp (@abridgeeducamp)
LearnPress comes with course creation, management, export & import, course selling, communication, and many more LMS specific features for your online learning website.
LearnPress Features and Functionalities
- Multiple payment Method support
- Course review
- add courses to a wishlist for students.
- Export or import course or courses
- Offline payment method support
- Multiple instructors support for LMS course.
- And many more
Pricing: LearnPress is a free WordPress LMS plugin, but it has a premium version that will help you make money from your WordPress based LMS site. The LearnPress Pro bundle is available at $519.84.
Sensei is a popular WordPress LMS plugin with over 8000 active installs. It helps you strengthen your brand by launching online courses. Sensei LMS integrates easily with WordPress site, making it easy to create courses with lessons and quizzes.
Best LMS on WordPress! There are all the necessary tools, absolute castomization and widest quiz functionality among all LMS! Many thanks to the developers!Mavos (@mavos)
Sensei LMS plugin is built by Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. With the help of WooCommerce, this WordPress course plugin lets you earn money by selling courses on the site.
Sensei Features and Functionalities
- Codeless course creation
- Monetize courses
- Seamless integration
- Course media attachment
- Content drip
- And many more
Pricing: Sensei is a free WordPress LMS plugin. It has some premium addons to extend functionalities. Its Content Drip addon is available at $29 and WooCommerce Paid Courses is available at $129.
A powerful online course builder for WordPress that helps you turn your knowledge into profit. Over 20,000 people have used WP Courseware to create and sell online courses with this drag and drop course builder for WordPress. It offers robust course management functionality and world-class support to take care of your eLearning site issues.
“Excellent customer service and a conflict-free plugin equals a completely satisfied customer!”Rich Vernetti (NavySeals.com)
This eLearning WordPress plugin lets you deliver courses any way you feel is best for your students. Offer free courses, charge a one-time fee, split the one-time fee into any number of installment payments, and offer a recurring subscription for your courses.
WP Courseware Features and Functionalities
- A full-featured eLearning experience
- Complete control over your course
- Flexible range of payment options
- Powerful quiz functionality to enhance retention
- Intuitive tools to track students’ progress & performance
- Drag and Drop course builder
- Classroom Grade Books for Each Course
- Recurring subscription payment option
- Course content protection
- Instructor course management role
- Completion certificates
- Customizable course Styling
- And many more
Pricing: WP Courseware pricing starts at $149 for 2 sites. There are also several pricing plans to try out.
MasterStudy LMS is a powerful course and learning management system Plugin for WordPress. You can create brilliant lessons with resources like videos, graphs, images, slides and any other attachments.
MasterStudy LMS WordPress Plugin makes eLearning site-building super easy and hassle-free. Build, customize, and manage your Online Education WordPress website on the fly.
MasterStudy Features and Functionality
- 3 types of lessons: text, video, slideshow.
- Recurring subscription options
- One-time purchase
- PayPal & Stripe integration
- Paid Membership Pro integration (required for subscription plans)
- Real-time questions and answers feature during the lessons.
- The real-time countdown timer in the quiz
- Quiz results with correct/incorrect answers & Quiz retake
- Courses ratings
- Messaging and Announcement System
- Course Wish list
- Instructor & Student Profiles
Namaste! LMS is a complete LMS website solution on WordPress. It supports an unlimited number of courses, lessons, assignments, students, etc. You can create various rules for course & lesson access and completeness based on assignment completion, test results, or manual admin approval.
Namaste! LMS is a free learning management system for WordPress. It lets you assign different user roles to work with the LMS and other roles that manage it. Students can earn certificates upon completing courses. This WordPress course plugin has grading and point systems that let you mark the students’ performance.
Namaste! LMS Features and Functionalities
- Create and manage courses and lessons
- Leaderboard generation
- Certification and badges
- Stats & Reports
- Rating system
- Student and grade book management
Pricing: Namaste! LMS has a free version on the WordPress plugin directory. Namaste! LMS full bundle is available at $137.
This list of top WordPress LMS plugins helps you choose the right one. In fact, each of these WordPress course plugins is special and has a lot of features in them. Just think about the online learning management system features and check whether your plugin has them all. If you are looking for the best WordPress LMS plugin, this is where you can find it. So, what are you waiting for? Create an online course site with any of the above learning management system plugins. Do visit Virfice for more of such posts.